Bilingual Instructional Paraprofessional
18th of May 2023
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time, Bilingual Instructional Paraprofessional to join our Residential team. The Bilingual Instructional Paraprofessional will provide individual and/or group instructional support to the children, as well as assist the classroom teacher with planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate instruction, create and foster a positive learning environment with varied experiences which will enhance the social, physical, emotional, and cognitive development of the children in our care. The Bilingual Instructional Paraprofessional will work with youth, individually or in groups, following a prescribed course instruction; Assist the Lead Teacher in the use of trauma informed care; Relieve the Lead Teacher of routine clerical duties; Assist the Lead Teacher in the development of materials and teaching materials and translate where needed. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating a trauma-informed and safe learning environment for Unaccompanied Children (UC) as well as creating a welcoming environment for foster parent engagement around the child’s educational needs.
- Assist, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning. Assist, schedule, and facilitate educational curriculum in compliance with federal, state, and agency requirements.
- Inventories and requisitions supplies, and materials as needed; checks out, orders, processes, and maintains books and reference materials from a variety of sources.
- Assists in translating for the purpose of communicating with parents via phone calls or in meetings.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical and record keeping activities such as taking roll, filling out forms and applications, correcting papers, typing, and duplicating materials.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as required.
- Assists in proctoring and scoring work, charting student progress, and in keeping records and grades.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records, special education files and school reports.
- Assists youth in safely using computers and other audio-visual equipment, with attention to monitoring use of secure and appropriate internet sites.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Observe and evaluate the child’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Manage staff vacation and time off schedules to ensure coverage in the classrooms at all times.
- Participate as a team member and attend meetings with treatment team members to discuss children’s behavior in classroom, if necessary.
- Participate in school activities, staff, and treatment team meetings.
- Effectively communicate the necessary information to the assigned case manager, clinician and direct care supervisor regarding student progress, concerns, or needs on a regular basis.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field single subject; English, Math, History, Science required.
- One year of experience working in a school setting, or with youth in a residential setting.
- Behavior management familiarity and experience with special education students preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work with students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Computer skills required with proficiency in basic data entry, MS Word, and other office software.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must be fluent in at least Spanish, verbal and written.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
Pay rate: $22.80 per hour.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org