Bilingual Lead Teacher
21st of July 2022
We are currently seeking a Bilingual Lead Teacher to join our residential team. The Bilingual Lead Teacher will plan, organize, implement the appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning educational setting that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The Lead Teacher will provide a positive learning environment with varied experiences which will enhance the social, physical, emotional, and cognitive development of the children in our care. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct, lead, and supervise program and Instructional Paraprofessionals.
- Lead in creating a trauma-informed and safe learning environment for Unaccompanied Children (UC) as well as creating a welcoming environment for foster parent engagement around the child’s educational needs.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Plan, schedule, and facilitate educational curriculum in compliance with federal, state, and agency requirements.
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with the established procedures. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Observe and evaluate the child’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order during educational sessions.
- Manage staff vacation and time off schedules to ensure coverage in the classrooms at all times.
- Participate as a team member and attend meetings with treatment team members to discuss children’s behavior in classroom, if necessary.
- Effectively communicate the necessary information to the assigned case manager, clinician and direct care supervisor regarding student progress, concerns, or needs on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- Master’s degree in Education or relevant field single subject; English, Math, History, Science required.
- Prior experience teaching English as a Second Language with Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certification or other appropriate accrediting body and additional training to meet the special needs of Unaccompanied Children (UC) is preferred.
- Three-years of experience working in a similar role and one-year work experience supervising others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work with students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must be fluent in at least Spanish, verbal and written.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com