Case Aide/Youth Care Worker
11th of May 2023
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently seeking a Case Aide/Youth Care Worker to join our residential team. The Case Aide/Youth Care Worker will be assigned to the case management department and will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day tasks to ensure that case management services are provided to the youth in a timely manner. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Must ensure that youth are properly enrolled into the program’s internal intake system (ETO/UC Portal).
- Complete and secure inventory of personal belongings/valuables of youth.
- Ensure DHS and ORR placement documents are filed and uploaded to Unaccompanied Children (UC) Portal software.
- Ensure the provision of two weekly telephonic contacts with family of origin, primary caregiver, and/or sponsor.
- Assist with the coordination of legal service provider’s “Know Your Rights” presentations.
- Facilitate attorney to client contact as requested by the attorney or youth.
- Drive clients to facilitate program services, may include transportation to court appointments, attorney visits, consulate interviews, or other appointments as per contractual requirements as needed.
- Create client intake case files with necessary intake documents.
- Assist with filing, closing, and with overall daily maintenance of records found in either the physical case file and on ETO or UC Portal software.
- Assist with compiling electronic and physical files for ORR or State Licensing representatives, upon request.
- Assist case management with creating discharge packets with discharge documentation and provide exit orientation to client as part of discharge process from the program.
- Ensure the provision of follow up service phone calls are conducted 30 days after youth’s reunification and discharge from program.
- Assist with the coordination of travel arrangements for program staff transporting youth for reunification or transfer purposes (may include booking airfare, hotel, and rental car).
- Assist with the coordination of fingerprint services for family reunification at program designated digital site.
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that up-to-date information is received and/or provided and to ensure that changes to policy or practice are implemented and adhered to.
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences, or to transport youth to destinations within the U.S.
- Attend training that will enhance professional growth in the area of case management, documentation, or other topics as deemed appropriate by the Lead Case Manager or Program Director.
- A High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelors preferred.
- Experience working in a facility/program similar to Trinity or one involved with the counseling, education, or recreation of youth is preferred.
- Must have a special interest in working with youth and must fulfill the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Pay rate: $16.50 per hour.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com