Education/Youth Care Worker
22nd of February 2023
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently seeking an Education/Youth Care Worker to join our residential team. The Education/Youth Care Worker is responsible for the meaningful engagement of Unaccompanied Children (UC) for the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), with the aim of meeting the developmental, cultural and care needs by ensuring their day-to-day care, actively participating in education and program activities, supporting, the UC’s case plan and developing their personal skills. The Education-Youth Care Worker reports directly to the Direct Care Supervisor. Due to the nature of our work, may be assigned in the classroom or as homework helpers’ afterschool. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring a safe home for Unaccompanied Children (UC’s).
- Promote growth and development in the children and assist them in reaching goals in accordance with their treatment plan.
- Encourage and assist in learning competencies for independence.
- Initiate incident reports concerning behavioral problems, injuries, or accidents; provide complete and accurate documentation including dorm logs and other reports as assigned.
- Adhere to Case Plan for assigned UC with direction from Caseworkers and/or supervisor.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Assist youth with varying needs to be successful with schoolwork (distance learning and homework).
- Work with youth during distance learning on-line classes and during non-school hours to improve reading, math and general academic subject skills; help improve overall study habits.
- Assist in maintaining a supportive learning environment and atmosphere conducive to the youth’s academic success.
- Assist youth in safely using computers and other audio-visual equipment, with attention to monitoring use of secure and appropriate internet sites.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- A High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelors preferred.
- Must be able to help youth with course work up to 12th grade level.
- Experience working in a facility/program similar to Trinity or one involved with the counseling, education, or recreation of youth is preferred.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Pay rate: $17.00 per hour. Quarterly and annual performance bonus available.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com