Enhanced Mental Health Services Quality Assurance Specialist
16th of May 2022
We are currently looking for a qualified EMHS Quality Assurance Specialist to join our Mental Health team. The EMHS Quality Assurance Specialist shall be responsible for the overall coordination of clinical day-to-day quality assurance operations of the Mental Health Services Program, including utilization review coordination and continuous quality improvement services. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Become knowledgeable of rules and regulations governing the program and County contracts to ensure that Trinity meets treatment and documentation standards.
- Participate in all appropriate or required committees and meetings, including county QA (as scheduled).
- Perform Quality Assurance on Mental Health documentation and reporting/billing compliance.
- Ensure accuracy of billing and tracking information; accuracy and timely submission of County mandated data collection requirements.
- Document QA review findings related to Mental Health standards and/or State laws, and report to Clinical Coordinator and Clinical Director.
- Assist with the approval and co-signing for assessments, treatment plans, and other documents as needed.
- Assist in the training, implementation and coordination of the Mental Health Services Program and interface as needed with the Treatment Team including the Clinical Coordinator, other therapists, the Psychiatric and Nursing staff, and the Administrative Staff, informally as well as in Treatment Planning Conferences.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Counseling or closely related field.
- Clinical License (LMFT or LCSW) required.
- Sufficient experience and credentials to provide the state required clinical hours of supervision to Associate Therapists, preferred.
- Must have experience working with emotionally disturbed children and families.
- The EMHS Quality Assurance Specialist will be trained in CPR/First Aid within 90 days of hiring in the event that they do not have current certification.
- Experience with Department of Mental Health policies and procedures preferred.
- Must have a special interest in working with youth and must fulfill the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Writing, verbal skills, and the ability to compose quality reports and other necessary correspondence are essential.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, including Email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus and strongly preferred.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience. Quarterly and annual performance bonus available.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org