Enhanced Mental Health Services Support Specialist/Team Support Worker-III
23rd of September 2022
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently looking for a qualified, full-time, Enhanced Mental Health Services Support Specialist/TSW-III to join our residential team. The Enhanced Mental Health Services (EMHS) Support Specialist/Team Support Worker-III will be responsible for providing a large variety of services ranging from behavior management, crisis intervention, self-help skill building, and other services as needed. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the delivery of intensive, individualized, strength-based, and needs-driven intervention activities that support the engagement and participation of the youth and his/her significant support persons, and help the child or youth develop skills and achieve the goals and objectives of their plan.
- Assist with interventions which are skill-based and for the remediation of behaviors and reduction of symptoms.
- Some examples include implementation of a positive behavioral plan, modeling interventions for the youth’s family/care givers.
- Assists licensed/waivered professional staff in assessments and treatment planning; may plan and implement specific aspects under supervision.
- Provide 1:1 behavior intervention for clients based on client’s treatment plan.
- Regularly communicate/consult with Youths’ therapist, Clients’ treatment team, regarding client’s behavior, progress and treatment goals.
- Participate in child/family team meetings.
- Maintain children in supervision at all times, focusing on behavior, safety, and general well-being.
- Promote growth and development in the children and assist them in reaching goals in accordance with their treatment plan.
- Initiate incident reports concerning behavioral problems, injuries, or accidents; provide complete and accurate documentation including dorm logs and other reports as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences and two years of experience required.
- Demonstrated ability and leadership through a minimum of two years related experience in the field of child or family welfare services.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, including Email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a special interest in working with youth and must fulfill the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Writing and verbal skills and the ability to compose quality reports and other necessary correspondence are essential.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older, able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check; Child Abuse Index check.
- Must hold a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history, be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
Pay rate: $19.50 per hour. Quarterly and annual performance bonus available.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org