Enhanced Mental Health Support Specialist
17th of October 2022
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time, Mental Health Support Specialist to join our Mental Health team. The Mental Health Support Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of intensive, individualized, strength-based, and needs-driven intervention activities that support the engagement and participation of the youth and his/her significant support persons, and help the child or youth develop skills and achieve the goals and objectives of their plan. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development of functional skills to improve self-care, self-regulation, or other functional impairments by intervening to decrease or replace non-functional behavior that interferes with daily living tasks.
- Interview children, relatives and other involved persons to evaluate each child’s needs and assess youth’s condition.
- Determine counseling objectives, establish diagnostic and treatment plans in coordination with mental health staff.
- Chart progress notes, etc. in compliance with Trinity Youth Services policies and with State of California standards for Short-Doyle/Medi-Cal/EPSDT.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences and two years of experience required.
- Demonstrated ability and leadership through a minimum of one year related experience in the field of child or family welfare services.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, including Email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
Pay rate: $19.50 per hour; $20.50 per hour (bilingual Spanish). Quarterly and annual performance bonus available.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com