Food Service Worker (Assistant Cook)
13th of February 2023
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently looking for a qualified, full-time Food Service Worker (Assistant Cook) to join our residential team. The Food Service Worker (Assistant Cook) will be responsible for:
- Assisting in following the posted menus, using the correct food, quantity and recipes to prepare the meal(s), maintain all safety standards, food handling health standards, and all local, county, and state health requirements.
- Wash all dishes, trays, utensils, glasses, pots, and pans will be responsibility of all food service personnel.
- Document all meal counts. They must be accurate and reconciled with the edit check; collaborate with the Team Administrator to ensure that all residents and staff receive a meal.
- Other documentation required: daily production menu, time allocation sheets, temperature log, and others as assigned.
- Consult with Kitchen Supervisor about the end of the month inventory preparations.
- Participate in departmental meeting and/or company sponsored seminars. Account for all products.
- It is critical to meeting the menu invoices. Keep copies of all invoices.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED at a minimum, in addition to one or more of the following: Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Child Development, Previous experience as an employee or volunteer at a group home, STRTP, or substance abuse treatment program for at least one year; “Lived” experience in the child welfare, mental health, juvenile justice, or developmental disabilities system as a consumer or caregiver; Minimum of one hundred (100) hours of relevant experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor or counselor.
- Must meet State of California Health Standards for Food Handlers.
- Maintain a current county food handler’s certificate and successfully complete an HACCP course.
- Must have three years or more of extensive food service experience/training.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
Pay rate: $15.50 per hour. Annual performance bonus available.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com