3rd of August 2022
We are currently seeking a Kitchen Supervisor to join our residential team. The Kitchen Supervisor is primarily responsible for working the assigned schedule, supervise all activities in the kitchen; hold employees responsible for actions, schedules, and duties. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure quality of food; food preparation, quality of food service and cleanliness within the kitchen and dining hall.
- Ensure cultural/religious appropriateness of menu items.
- Complete a monthly inventory with all calculations; maintain budget control.
- Prepare/assist with all meals, including any sack or to go meals.
- As required, set up serving line, move food and supplies from storage areas, walk-in refrigerator/freezer to the main kitchen preparation and serving areas.
- Assist with the washing of pots/pans/trays.
- Ensure that the dining room(s), kitchen and all back-room areas are swept and mopped after each meal.
- Supervise resident kitchen workers, ensure the necessary time/work allocations are completed and turned in to the office.
- Complete daily meal counts, menu production record, monthly meal count, and purchase log; maintain all necessary/required paperwork.
- Participate in the culinary class, teaching as necessary, if offered at your site.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education experience in any major and one- year relevant school nutrition experience, or Associate’s degree or equivalent educational experience in a Food and Nutrition or a specific related major and one year of relevant school nutrition experience, or High School diploma (or GED) and three years of relevant school nutrition experience required.
- Must meet State of California Health Standards for Food Handlers.
- Maintain a current county food handler’s certificate and successfully complete an HACCP course.
- Must have two to five years cooking and/or baking experience.
- Must have two to five years of supervisory experience.
- This position is a hands-on position and requires working knowledge of kitchen appliances.
- Must have a special interest in working with youth and must fulfill the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be least 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check; and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Pay rate: $19.00 per hour. Quarterly and annual performance bonus available.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com