Lead Youth Care Worker
4th of April 2023
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently seeking a Lead Youth Care Worker to join our residential team. The Lead Youth Care Worker is responsible for the meaningful engagement of Unaccompanied Children (UC) for the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), with the aim of meeting the developmental, cultural and care needs by ensuring their day-to-day care, actively participate in program activities, supporting, the UC’s case plan and developing their personal skills. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring a safe home for Unaccompanied Children (UC’s).
- Provide line of sight and sound supervision of children in order to be counted towards ratio requirements.
- Supervise children in order to be counted towards ratio requirements.
- Be the lead in case of an emergency/crisis communicate with Administration On-Call.
- Provide new and challenging opportunities for development.
- Encourage and assist in learning competencies for independence.
- Encourage and engage clients in educational and social activities.
- Facilitate community access and integration.
- Initiate incident reports concerning behavioral problems, injuries, or accidents; provide complete and accurate documentation including dorm logs and other reports as assigned.
- Adhere to Case Plan for assigned UC with direction from Caseworkers and/or supervisors.
- Support appropriate cultural activities.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- A High school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience working in a facility/program similar to Trinity or one involved with the counseling, education, or recreation of youth is preferred.
- Must have a current Facility Manager certificate.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Pay rate: $17.50 per hour.
Schedule: Wednesday to Saturday from 12:30pm – 11:00pm OR Thursday to Saturday from 2:00pm – 11:00pm
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org