Medical Services Clerk
17th of October 2022
We are currently looking for a qualified Medical Services Clerk to join our residential team! In the absence of the Team Administrator, the medical services clerk will see all children who are in need of medical attention and evaluate their conditions, treating those with minor injuries or illness and recommending a doctor’s visit as necessary. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ordering, storing, delivering, disposal and inventory of all medication.
- Follow up with staff regarding medication dispensed when not on duty.
- Oversee the ordering of medication, through the pharmacy and the accuracy of the pharmacy’s billing.
- Work closely with the Clinical Coordinator or Clinical Director regarding dispensing medication as well as assure that legal documentation is current to the prescribed medication per county and licensing requirements, and oversee personnel regarding these issues.
- Schedule all appointments for children to be evaluated by appropriate medical professionals as needed and required by law when necessary.
- Obtain Medi-Cal cards or private insurance forms for all youth and contact Eligibility Workers, Probation Officers and/or Mission Office for necessary information.
- Assure that Medi-Cal Insurance and social security numbers are issued to the appropriate providers in a timely manner.
- Maintain a daily log for the Assistant Director and Team Administrator of all scheduled medical and dental appointments including on-ground visits by medical professional.
- Transport children to medical appointments when necessary.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED at a minimum, in addition to one or more of the following: Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Child Development, Previous experience as an employee or volunteer at a group home, STRTP, or substance abuse treatment program for at least one year; “Lived” experience in the child welfare, mental health, juvenile justice, or developmental disabilities system as a consumer or caregiver; Minimum of one hundred (100) hours of relevant experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor or counselor. Must have knowledge of, as well as experience in, medical billing in Medi-cal enrolling, un-enrolling and billing. Must be proficient in the use of computers, including Email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working in a facility/program similar to Trinity or one with the counseling, education, or recreation of youth is preferred.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must have completed training for Medication Dispensing and Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus and strongly preferred.
Pay rate: $18.50 per hour.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org