Night Youth Care Worker
20th of November 2023
We are currently seeking a Night Youth Care Worker to join our residential team. The Night Youth Care Worker is responsible for the meaningful engagement of Unaccompanied Children (UC) for the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), with the aim of meeting the developmental, cultural and care needs by ensuring their day-to-day care, actively participate in program activities, supporting, the UC’s case plan and developing their personal skills. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure a safe home for the Unaccompanied Children (UC’s).
- Supervise the children during the duty shift.
- Complete all documentation and responsible for crisis intervention with the youth.
- Safeguard the campus and account for the children who are present.
- Patrol the assigned areas of the campus with an appropriate checklist recording those present on the appropriate schedule.
- Document all occurrences of an unusual nature on an incident report.
- Ensure that all the children at the campus remain in their rooms after hours.
- Counsel the youth and resolve any crisis or problems at the time.
- Document it for the day staff follow-up.
- Work as a team with other Youth Care Workers and shift lead to promote a safe and healthy environment for the UC.
- Remain awake and alert during the entire duty shift.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Drive a vehicle when necessary.
- A High school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience working in a facility/program similar to Trinity or one involved with the counseling, education, or recreation of youth is preferred.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Pay rate: $18.00 per hour.
Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday from 10:30pm – 7:30am.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org