Team Support Worker
17th of October 2022
Website TrinityYS_Org Trinity Youth Services
Helping children and families create a better future.
We are currently Seeking a Team Support Worker to join our residential team and help us fulfill our mission to help children and families create a better future. As a Team Support Worker, you will have the opportunity to work with foster youth, ages 13-18. The Team Support Worker is responsible for the direct supervision of youth while in our care. You will assist youth who have suffered trauma in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and tools to break the cycle of abuse and experience success in achieving their goals with hope for a brighter future. We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate diversity and hire accordingly. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In this position, you will have the opportunity to act as a positive role model and will proactively help children overcome the effects of prior trauma. Trinity is committed to providing the training, support, and strategies for success in this role. Team Support Workers: Maintain “line-of-sight” supervision of youth, focusing on behavior, safety, and general well-being. Promote growth and development in the children and assist them in reaching goals in accordance with their individualized treatment plan. Document behavioral problems, injuries, or accidents and provide complete and accurate documentation and reports as assigned. Use appropriate Trauma Informed interventions to redirect behavior and help each child develop his/her own capacity for self-control. Drive a vehicle and transport youth when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED at a minimum, in addition to one or more of the following: Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Child Development, Previous experience as an employee or volunteer at a group home, STRTP, or substance abuse treatment program for at least one year; “Lived” experience in the child welfare, mental health, juvenile justice, or developmental disabilities system as a consumer or caregiver; Minimum of one hundred (100) hours of relevant experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor or counselor.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
Pay rate: $15.50 – $19.50 per hour, DOEE. Quarterly and annual performance bonus available.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Trinity Youth Services has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org