Trinity Youth Services Responds to the Mass Shooting in Monterey Park
23rd of January 2023
Trinity Youth Services (TYS) stands with the California Alliance of Child and Family Services in sharing the sorrow of the recent mass shooting in our community of Monterey Park. Our deepest sympathies to those who lost loved ones or who were injured in this senseless act of violence during a day intended for celebration and hope.
This devastating incident hits close to home with a TYS foster care office, staff, and families residing within Monterey Park. Our hearts go out to the community.
Any TYS staff or families affected by this tragic event will be assessed for their mental health needs and will be provided with therapeutic services by our compassionate and caring team.
It is more important than ever to support one another and to provide opportunities for healing. As an organization dedicated to advocating for children and families, as well as mental health and safety, here are a list of resources that can be accessed for those suffering from traumas impacting mental health:
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 24/7 support and crisis resources; call, text, or chat 988
- Crisis Text Line: 24/7 support at your fingertips; text HOME to 741741
- The Trevor Project LGBTQ Hotline: 24/7 at 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678-678
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Hotline: 24/7 at 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Directory of Additional Helpline Resources from NAMI